Caño Island this is one of the Osa´s places, in the South Pacific of Costa Rica, which has greater archaeological and environmental wealth. The tour visiting this place, is one of the amazing experiences you can live on your vacation,
The previous travel to reach the island, is often accompanied by dolphins, as well as the observation of other marine species (including humpback whales during their migration to the South Pacific), an adventure that is imprinted in the memory of the tourist who visit this beautiful place of Costa Rica.
In the tour to the Caño Island it is possible to realize snorkeling, during the dives you will be able to enjoy the company of dolphins that inhabit these waters as well as of enormous shoals of coral fish, stingrays and white-finned sharks
The Caño Island Biological Reserve is home to the largest coral reef in the Costa Rican Pacific and is considered by divers one of the best places in the world to dive.
The place is considered as a sacred site by the indigenous people who inhabited the south of the country, also there are stone spheres in the island whose size challenge the imagination of the tourist, to conceive their confection and the form of transport used to mobilize them through the ocean.
Come and enjoy white sandy beaches, crystal clear waters and the biodiversity of the place.
|Departure / Return Place||Sierpe of Osa, Puntarenas, Costa Rica|
|Departure time||8:00 am, please arrive 10 minutes before.|
|Return time||Around 4:30 pm|
|Clothing||Comfortable clothing, long-sleeved shirt, hat, sandals, submersible camera, sun block and swimsuit.|
Unique in its kind in the waters of Caño Island you will be able to observe a great number of species of coral as well as colorful fish, dolphins and the white-finned shark, also whales according to the season.
8 am - 9 am Transport
- Departure at 8:00 am from Sierpe, it is recommended to be 10 minutes earlier.
- In the course, which lasts approximately 45 minutes through the Sierpe River, the mangrove crossing (declared a RAMSAR site as one of the most important habitats in the world) will allow appreciate birds, monkeys, crocodiles, Snakes, among many others of the great amount of species that inhabit it.
- Arriving at the mouth of the Sierpe River, a 15-minute trip takes us through the quiet waters of Drake Bay to reach Caño Island.
9 am – 12 md: Snorkeling
- Upon arrival to the island, snorkeling dives will be held in this place whose waters are considered one of the most important to carry out this activity and scuba diving throughout Costa Rica.
- During the dives you can enjoy the company of dolphins that inhabit these waters as well as the huge shoals of coral fish, stingrays, white-finned sharks and the majestic whales that yearly visit two times the area.
12 md – 1 pm: Lunch
1 pm – 2 pm: Free time
2 pm – 4:30 pm: Transport
- During the afternoon tour back to Sierpe, you can observe dolphins, whales, stingrays and sea turtles depending on the season of each species.